View Single Post
Old 31 Jul 2020, 10:18 (Ref:3991818)   #76
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Having been to Donington, Croft and, most recently, Oulton, I'm afraid to say that this is just not the case. At all three circuits, my sons and family and I have been shoulder to shoulder with other spectators when spectating.

In addition, when going to the toilets or refreshment vans, you have to almost fight to make your way through the crowds.

Having said the above, I am sure that there may well be spots around the circuits that are just not as popular and where there might be space to socially distance yourself from others.
I have been to Donington, Brands Hatch (Indy and GP), Thruxton, Silverstone, Rockingham, Snetterton, for BTCC meetings, Rockingham is the only place where I have been forced into being shoulder to shoulder with other spectators, but that's because you only have a choice of a grandstand seat or stand on top of the garages. Every other track has plenty of room other than grandstands, or if you are at Brands Hatch at you feel the need to watch from Paddock Hill bend, I have never yet had to settle on a limited viewing area to avoid standing shoulder to shoulder. But even people on Paddock Hill bend aren't as tightly packed as Golf spectators.