View Single Post
Old 10 Aug 2020, 02:14 (Ref:3994348)   #4
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
I guess you have all heard that there's a new agreement in preparation. Before there have been an agreement in place where Ferrari has been the recipient of a "bonus payout" for being there longer than anyone else.

I started to wonder how come McLaren, Williams and Ferrari are now all ready to sign a new agreement, and those three happen to be the three oldest teams. Have that "bonus program" been expanded to three teams, I wonder?

Toto Wolf has been saying a lot about how his team, and their star driver, has not been given credit for what they have been providing. It makes me question what kind of credit is being bandied about?

I think it would be a massive error by Liberty Media to keep that grossly unfair "bonus payout" system, even if it included more teams.

I started to wonder how come McLaren, Williams and Ferrari are now all ready to sign a new agreement, and those three happen to be the three oldest teams. Have that "bonus program" been expanded to three teams, I wonder?

All those teams receive heritage payments under the current agreement.
I think they also got signing bonuses for signing early with Bernie before.

Basis of Machiavellian politics - Divide and rule!

There is a Formula 1 finance thread further on here somewhere where the payments are laid out if you are interested.