View Single Post
Old 13 Jan 2007, 05:14 (Ref:1813812)   #6
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Yes but the AM/ Prodrive ALMS teams main sponsorship this year is supposed to be Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts. It may be an Intl. co. but the bulk of its properties and business is in the U.S. . So I am not sure that it is strictly an ALMS issue. As there seems to be monies in place to operate the team and I would think that the sponsors would want a ALMS effort. ??

L.P.
If there is an ALMS campaign this year, the question, as you said, is who's going to be driving it? All of the 4 regular AM drivers from last year now seem to have alternative drives lines up- Lamy & Sarrazin at Peugeot, Enge with PWL, and Turner with Seat in the BTCC.

Either the Peugeot-bound duo and Turner will still be available to AM for non-clashing races (I haven't checked the calendar to see if this viable, but there's still the question of Le Mans), or there's a big shake-up of Aston's driver squad about to be announced (maybe Piccini, Kox etc taking over the vacant drives?).

Could it be that with the programme in doubt, the drivers have jumped ship to avoid the risk of being out of a ride?

Just a totally irrational piece of speculation- could there have been any significance in that BMS Aston testing at Sebring after all....?