View Single Post
Old 5 May 2009, 22:27 (Ref:2456137)   #157
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V View Post
Nobody, bar one or two, want the track gone, it is all about the noice and the environment.
No, of course they don't, absolutely no way. I mean if they did come out and say they wanted the track closed that would make them seem selfish and uncaring for anyone else's interests. Few people enjoy being thought of in those terms. (although one might observe the Motor Sport does seem to attract a few of its own.)

But are the objectors proposing to get together, demand that the track stays and to help in some way to fund efforts to reduce the noise?

Is the circuit a net cost or a net revenue generator for the local area? I would guess it probably brings in revenue overall, both directly and indirectly. Presumably the complainers are prepared to make up any shortfall due to closure or restictions somehow. Or are they just hopeing to see tier investment gain value ready for when they sell on to others?

I often think that it would be worth supporting the closure of circuits that are threatened and offering to immediately build on the land released some sort of refugee camp, prison, industrial complex, new town, nuclear power station - or something like that - and ask the noise objectors for their support for the scheme in their self appointed roles as concerned citizens.