View Single Post
Old 6 May 2009, 00:17 (Ref:2456165)   #158
quantic
Rookie

England
In the ghetto
quantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is bad news, the whingers aren't just confined to the UK then it seems-however I have to say that every time I've been to Spa (or anywhere in Europe for that matter..) generally the cars are exceptionally noisy. I don't know if there are any noise limits over there but to someone who is used to noise being fairly strictly monitored at circuits in the UK there always seems to be loads of cars with what sound like straight through exhausts and not just the higher levels of cars either-it goes right through to 'clubbie' type cars in my experience.
Now I'm a petrol head like most others on here and I love the sound of a racing engine on full song (and just because something is loud it doesn't necessarily mean that it sounds good!), however when it hurts my eardrums for 2 or 3 days of working there listening to it even I get fed up with it and I just want it to shut the hell up!
My view is that I hate to hear of restrictions being placed on circuits that have been there for ever because of some numpty who has bought property next door but I can sort of understand it when the cars are so noisy and run from dawn till dusk, like at Spa for instance. Perhaps some kind of noise restrictions could be placed on the cars by the race organisers which I know would be hugely unpopular to a lot of competitors, but surely more popular than the circuit being hit with draconian restrictions by the local authorities.
Croft, by way of contrast, is a whole different kettle of fish but let's not get into that..