View Single Post
Old 26 Apr 2017, 20:16 (Ref:3729373)   #200
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
After having to cancel my trip to go to this one, I also was unable to watch it live which, from the sounds of it, may have been a blessing.

Avoided the scores and watched it in the evening (weirdly, first half on GT World before they removed it, second half on NismoTV) and it seemed to be an event of a bit of contrast.

The opening of the race, from the two pace laps to the crash, red flag and Bentley's DQ, was a bit farcical. But, from then on, it was the annual classic I have come to expect from Blancpain at Monza; an intriguing battle developing throughout and plenty of good stories and drama. Shame about the opening minutes (I was lucky I could skip the red flag period), but thoroughly enjoyed the rest.

People calling for sanctions and further penalties for the Bentley guys are OTT to me, but I wasn't in the heat of the moment. In a 5 race series, I think an enforced non-score is punishment enough and I look forward to seeing them in the rest of the championship.

Hope I can at least make it to Silverstone now!