View Single Post
Old 21 Sep 2018, 00:01 (Ref:3851687)   #42
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
....it won't be the pinnacle any longer.

'Sorry, one last time, my passion for the sport (any venue) is the observation and learning about the best, producing and competing with the best, not just to watch an exciting show week in and week out. If that's what one defines as excellence, the series I mentioned exist for those that do. Leveling the playing field just for entertainment becomes meaningless regarding the excellence of design, fabrication and development of "the world's most sophisticated motors", no? Again, I'd rather just watch a good movie, knowing it's just fiction.

P.S. I thank God that I was born in time to see the real thing.
How can you say that you are watching the pinnacle of motorsport when the cars have been so tightly specified already and the whole formula has been distorted to allow for a specific version of battery hybrid technology to be competitive? The weight of the cars has been massively increased to accommodate the inefficient hybrid system, the axle weights are also set, the hybrid tech you are allowed to run is tightly specified and highly secretive, for all we or any other competitor knows Charlie could be receiving a payment to allow Mercedes to run a two litre engine, so how do we know we are watching the pinnacle of anything?

P.S. I believe the real development has been in the ICE and its fuel use, the hybrid system is just marketing ballast.

P.S. I thank God that I was born in time to see the real thing. :

Me too! Isn't that what 52Paddy is actually trying to champion?

MotoGP is currently very good racing and certainly the cutting edge of motorcycle tech.

Last edited by wnut; 21 Sep 2018 at 00:08.