Thread: MGCC Donington
View Single Post
Old 21 Jul 2019, 22:35 (Ref:3918757)   #7
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Phillip Goddard won both Aero Challenge rounds.

Roger Whiteside was left with a broken scapula after an accident. Apparently, and this is second hand, a driver of a Chevron/Marcos or similar ignored a black flag for three laps, before diving under Roger's Morgan, not his V8, and tapping him into a spin, causing a following MG to T-Bone the Mog. The Chevron whatever carried on and did at east another lap before coming into the pits. The last I heard he got four penalty points on his licence!!!!!!

There seems to be no doubt about the basics, but the detail will no doubt become clearer in time.

The 3hr relay results show one driver (of a Marcos) being given 2 points for a regulation infringement. There may have been more points added that are not considered part of the results.

There was a B with some significant N/S front wing and suspension damage in the Scrutineering area at the end of the race.

As I was there for a Supper invitation rather than race viewing I have very little idea of what was going on in the race but there was a longish rather quiet period ( I assumed a Safety Car) about 30 mins before the end.