Thread: Rich Energy
View Single Post
Old 28 Jul 2022, 19:27 (Ref:4120786)   #722
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Interesting read - thanks.

For confirmation, attached image is from a can I purchased in 2020 - with the entities Rich D.O.O owning the copyright and Rich Energy Ltd. being the distributor clearly on the rear.

See - it is available to buy.
I have a can that says the same and probably from the same era (meaning it's a bit old as it has the Whyte Bike logo on it vs. the new split horn logo). It is interesting that the distributor is "Rich Energy Ltg" and not "Rich OMG Ltg". As it says in the article...

Quote:
As it is the full fat cans are clearly stamped Distributed by Rich Energy Ltd, the sugar free versions say Distributed by Rich OMG Limited.
I don't know if that means they had a slew of old cans that have and (original?) distributor and the sugar free version (which is newer) list "Rich OMG Ltd" as the distributor. As article author said he was trying to talk to Steve Dudman who runs the BTC team. And he says in the article that apparently Dudman may have a similar (conflicting) distribution setup.

The recent history of the main main Rich Energy page https://www.richenergy.com/ is interesting.

Today (and when I looked a week or so ago) it shows an "under construction" link. But has a copyright at the bottom of "RICH Distribution Limited". That company listed with Stephen Dudman as it's officer. It has also been around since Dec 2021.

If you look at the "wayback machine", as recent as June 6th, the site was using email addresses for richomg.com (now defunct) and listed the address for "Rich Energy" as the same for OMG Racing.

100 Masons Road
Stratford Upon Avon, CV37 9NU

https://web.archive.org/web/20220606...ichenergy.com/

So sometime between June 6th and last week, that was yanked from (probably) Rich OMG Ltd control?? and now may be in the hands of Steve Dudman??

The article with the interview with Alan Gardner (OMG Racing) sounds like he thinks he still has a valid distribution contract. While there is clearly something else going on with Dudman.

No doubt, more to come.

Semi related... I saw an article somewhere that poked fun at the same tweet I mentioned a page or two back regarding Storey talking about how good he was when driving an F1 car!

Richard