View Single Post
Old 16 May 2023, 06:07 (Ref:4156341)   #33
mstets
Racer

mstets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Well RLL strategy has bit them in the ass again it seems

Race left me wishing that RLL had put Lundgaard on the same tire strategy as Palou. Palou is so good at managing tires and fuel that he might have dominated anyway but tire choice seemed to put Lundgaard at a big disadvantage. I thought he should have stayed out much longer on the first stint to shorten the laps he had to do on the reds. Wonder if the team brought him in because he was catching potentially lapped traffic. Were the lap times falling off, or was it just a case of not being snagged by an untimely yellow?

I don't remember what tires the other two RLL cars started on but Graham evidently had a rear tire punctured by contact with Kirkwood's front wing and had to make a pit stop at the end of lap 1?. That put him on a fuel conserve strategy for the rest of the race which didn't work out as the race stayed green from there to the finish. Very late in the race Graham still had 185 seconds of push to pass remaining as an indication of fuel conservation. To make it back to a 10th place finish from near last after 2 laps is pretty impressive. With another yellow Graham might have had a chance at some more passes. Harvey smoked the front tires going into turn one on his first stint which dropped him back considerably, then spun on his own later which put him near the tail of the field.
This race had the potential to produce results for RLL equal to what Ganassi and SPAM ultimately achieved.