View Single Post
Old 2 Aug 2006, 10:06 (Ref:1670757)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So these rookies that Mr Perkins wants to run in test sessions.. presumably they shall run the main series cars that will run later in the weekend...

Now can you imagine the established stars being in raptures if the team hands over his championship contender to a young driver with limited experience... and he wrecks the car during his session, and it is damaged beyond immediate repair... and ruining the megastar's event...

Or they bring the whole workshop full of people to the track so that every single contingency of failure can be repaired, and tear up even more dollars...

Or they could bring a spare car for the youngsters to drive... and drive up costs considerably in extra trucks, spares and people...

I understand what Mr Perkins is attempting to do, but quite how you do it without driving up costs is actually difficult to fathom?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods