Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 20 Jul 2018, 20:47 (Ref:3837740)   #2994
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's been talked to death, but I don't think punishing the teams (WCC points) and letting the drivers (WDC points) alone will work. Because that system would still be gamed by teams to promote and manipulate WDC results.

I think the simple solution is to not be so draconian with respect to longevity requirements. If you want to blame anyone... blame the manufactures as they keep those requirements in place. Right now it seems to be a generic "someone" is at fault. So those who are at fault don't feel the heat.

Richard