View Single Post
Old 14 Aug 2012, 21:09 (Ref:3119975)   #272
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC View Post
I really don't think that Star Race Cars (the group that builds/built Star Mazdas) would be able to easily move towards constructing an IndyCar chassis. Further, so far as I can tell this is an independent company contracted to build Star Mazdas. It is not owned or operated by Mazda. In fact, other than the name and the engine, I really don't see any direct involvement by Mazda in the production of the vehicle.

I really believe that Mazda is as deep in the motorsports pool as they wish to go and that the natural progression for them would be to Grand Am/ALMS, similar to what they did in IMSA and later in endurance racing.
That's an interesting point. Though if Mazda really wanted to up their profile as a manufacturer/constructor I couldn't think of a better series than the BTCC.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Star Race Cars.