View Single Post
Old 8 Feb 2018, 02:58 (Ref:3799445)   #56
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
you asked why tickford are not running a GT4, i answered you. To be clear a $300,000 Gt4 mustang is not a good deal in Australia.
GT4 is a beginners level category for gentleman racers. Gt4 is an almost non existent category in Australia so hardly worth spending $300,000 for a one off event when you can spend that money and run in other sereis which are better attended or watched.

The price is similar to a MARC II which is up to 10 seconds a lap quicker as well and promoted the mustang a lot more attractively
No you provided your opinion while ridiculing mine. There's a big difference.

So if $300k is not a good deal, why did Steve Richards and Tony Longhurst both drop their hard earned coin to put one in their stable? In my opinion, Steve Richards probably got a discount to show the car off as the local distributor and potentially drive some car sales. Would that be considered advertising the business? But wait, Tony Longhurst brought one out specifically to advertise his business in his last hurrah: "The first thing is to get through the Bathurst 12 Hour and I want to use it as a promotional tool for The Boat Works". Wow, bold plan there, mustn't be a very astute business person, or just plainly an idiot! However, I wonder who else could do something similar? Maybe Prodrive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
woe betide someone should have a different opinion to someone in a forum hey
Ummm...