View Single Post
Old 13 Jun 2018, 15:50 (Ref:3828938)   #35
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
Brands Hatch Indy — You can see it all from the grandstand.

Knockhill — You can see all of it from the central hill area.

I agree that on paper, a fresh track is the best solution for fans at first. But does Mondello have easy access, space in the paddock for the now massive hospitality for a big grid and a cheap (i.e. free) ferry deal for teams? Not sure it does.

Perhaps a compromise could have been the round at a venue that has an alternate layout i.e. Donington with the loop, or the full GP Silverstone layout? (Yes, I know Gow has poo-pooed this previously, and I get why. It's such a long track, it will make it look like 6 people are attending with empty grandstands and such)
ITV won't like the GP circuit at Silverstone as it requires so much more resources than the current National track.

The Donington loop doesn't add anything to the racing. I would like to see OP getting a second visit although judging by the recent snoozefest I doubt many people will want to see another meeting there.

So that leaves Snetterton and Knockhill, I can't see the Scottish market support a second meeting north of the border.

So in future it looks like Thruxton and Snetterton will share the second meeting.