View Single Post
Old 19 Feb 2013, 13:36 (Ref:3207303)   #8
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Group A was under rated.

For the only time in it's history, the ATCC and Bathurst 1000 were run to the same rules as the ETCC, BTCC, JTCC , DTM etc. How awesome is that? The whole world singing from the same song sheet, local accents aside. The cars were closely related to what you see in the showrooms and you could compare one model with another. There were different classes, so little cars and big cars were all in together, mixing it up.

It wasn't perfect, the 500 sporting evolutions rule was a rather large loophole and they never figured out how to get parity between turbos and atmos, but i can't think of another flaw.

I'm astounded by the suggestion that they were slow. I recently accepted the role of custodian of Group A lap records for Australian tracks, so i am reallly keen to hear what is the best lap time on any Australian circuit of any keyboard hero in his street car. I will then produce the Group A lap records on that circuit, for comparison.