View Single Post
Old 25 Sep 2016, 23:24 (Ref:3675157)   #192
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
My bad then. I was sure was but perhaps I mistook him for someone else. Hopefully he returns.
Was lurking through the forum and saw this. Since I abruptly left I've had a new job, country, and family and have also lost a lot of interest in Motorsport. F1 is a bore to me, Indycar is okay but meh overall, and Sports Car Racing right now is just too muddled up for me to invest any real amount of my time and cash in it. Still love watching the big events: Le Mans, Nurburgring 24h, Indy 500 ect, even events like the Bathurst 12 hour but just don't put the time I used to into it.

As much as I belittled the ALMS and blithering Scott Atherton/Don Panoz leadership during it's declining final years I realize just how much I miss it, particularly the glory years before I even started posting on this forum. Nothing has really filled that void, the tracks, cars and personalities, and being able to frequently attend races. FIA WEC on the latest soulless parking lot circuit really does nothing for me despite the racing being a high standard overall. I just hope VAG and Toyota stay in the P1 class for a while and don't run off to Formula 1 like the last time prototype racing was this healthy for top factory teams.

My son likes Football (soccer) and I attend matches regularly here in the UK at my local club so that's filled a bit of my weekend free time although I'm much busier now overall so less online activity. Don't expect to see much more of me although I do rarely lurk on this forum.