Old 1 Jan 2012, 21:20 (Ref:3006248)   #9
McMuttley
Racer

England
Bromley
McMuttley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by historic racer View Post
Most clubs seem to be run by people who have no flair ,drive or business sense, for instance last year tried to get a one off entry to a clubs event but was turned down unless I joined and registered....
Sorry but such a generalist comment based upon one experience should not slurr all organisations. For a start, "Clubs" are just that, they serve their Members first and so they should; although some such as HSCC go way beyond this, providing a wider role. You can't expect to go around 'gatecrashing' events just because that is your want. I would dread the thought that at every race that our Club organised, the grids numbers were made up with a bunch of 'angry locals' who were wound up against the 'esablishment and might not, for example, have full resect for the event, the machinery or the other competitors.

Let me know where you live, I'll post your address on the Ten-Tinkers Forum, they dont like paying rates up-front, or taxes, or adding to the community; but would love to live in your back yard for free.