Thread: Winter Projects
View Single Post
Old 2 Dec 2010, 12:05 (Ref:2798564)   #80
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Or were they Dellorto?
Yes.....or to be rather less concise - the Alfa Twin-cams that had twin carbs ran either Weber or Dell-orto twin 40s - I've never worked out whether there was any method to the choice of which one - probably just what was in stock when they threw the car together around the lovingly built engine....

The twin carbs in the Boxer-engined Suds were downdraught Solex IIRC - they were in demand by those funny people who like VW Beetles.

My winter project should be to get rid of a lot of stuff in my unit and get down to doing something with the Sud Sprint that's been sat there for a couple of years, or the Giulia saloons that have been there even longer.....

and also dig my way through to the 924 that's lurking almost at the back of the unit, that a friend wants to buy - which in turn would let me get at the 33 Sportwagon that is destined to go up to Dundee, and the (Imp-based) Husky that's looked at me sadly every time I've walked past it for the last 5 years......

I shouldn't be sat here, should I? But I can't do any of the above until I can move the big block of ice that is my Transit recovery truck...and that doesn't look like being anytime soon......