Thread: WEC Race Bahrain 6 Hours 2012
View Single Post
Old 2 Oct 2012, 22:23 (Ref:3145438)   #290
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
In http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...h-bahrain-wec/ McNish explains how tough the race was.
Quote:
We knew it was going to be a tough race, especially for Tom and I, with running two drivers. But I have to say that it was certainly tougher than we expected.

I don't think I have ever, in my life, drank as much, and sweated as much through the course of one race. When I got out of the car from the first stint, I had sweated consistently until the race finished. I must have drank 10 or 12 liters of fluid. It was really, really tough in that respect.

Some drivers went off to the medical center to have infusions. It was certainly one of those hard ones, but with the race coming up in Austin, Texas in 2013, we can probably think of more of the same!