View Single Post
Old 15 Nov 2020, 21:33 (Ref:4017101)   #24
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
Driver of the day, Hamilton? You got to be kidding me. He will win 3 more titles if he signs a again, he will CRUSH Bottas for three more years and Merc will CRUSH the opposition. That's just to be expected. Sorry, he is great, but he got the title, someone else was the driver of the day. There I said it, and you can disagree all you want.

Driver of the day for me should be someone who transcends limitations, and today that was Vettel. His head was shot, and the car was terrible. What Ferrari have done (for both cars) what their drivers did today, that impressed me.
Yup, I'm disagreeing.

I vote for the best driver of the day, not whether they happened to win a championship or not. And that was Hamilton. Started 6th, didn't put a foot wrong in treacherous conditions, bided his time, drove a large part of the race on bald tyres, still finished 25 seconds ahead of everyone else. Class from start to finish.

Vettel drove very well indeed, but came 3rd because so many other people screwed up (in a spinny sort of way), just like LH didn't.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.