View Single Post
Old 3 Oct 2018, 18:51 (Ref:3854365)   #97
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Nascar bodywork should resemble Australian V8 Supercars.
I would agree were it not for the types of tracks NASCAR races on. A lot of the Supercars styling is actually the result of the fact that they don't have to pack in safety equipment sufficient take an oval impact, or achieve aero parity on much higher speed tracks. The defining characteristics of Supercars is that the car as are close as possible to the road versions - the changes are kept a minimum, and as they race exclusively on road courses they don't need to change as much to achieve a somewhat level playing field(and they're nowhere near as concerned about level ground and NASCAR is, either).

If NASCAR went for the Supercars aesthetic, it's highly likely that there'd be parity at tracks like Martinsville, Bristol, and the road courses, but one manufacturer or the other would run away with the big ovals.

The design my friend and I came up with may not be the way forward, but at least it's design can be easily adjusted to account for this issue - by making the cars look like MODIFIED versions of the road car, rather than just the road car with wings and splitter, you have a lot more room to work with.