View Single Post
Old 10 Sep 2019, 09:54 (Ref:3927117)   #19
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Best. Thread. Ever. I am just watching some of the F1 races from 2005, so please refrain from posting anywhere on the internet anything that might spoil the surprise for me.
For me, it means not looking at the F1 forum at all until after I’ve seen the race, switching off radio if news comes on, and likewise TV. Beeb sport homepage can be a spoiler as well, so if I need to catch up on another sport it means covering the screen while selecting the appropriate sport.... Oh, and friends prone to texting about races are advised beforehand if I’m watching a GP live or highlights later!

I was returning from Imola a year or two ago, feeling safe listening to an Italian radio station playing music. Suddenly they broke away live to a GP somewhere for an update on how Ferrari were getting on. Of course the drivers names were recognisable, even if the rest wasn’t. Was not impressed.....