View Single Post
Old 27 Mar 2003, 15:55 (Ref:550093)   #21
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm not taking shots at the ACO...I just think that the teams who are given the opportunity to compete in such a big event should "earn" it...not be "chosen" for whatever reason...

Let's say that a week may be too much time to shut down the streets...how about doubling the days that they shut it down for PQ and condensing the practice and Qualifying schedule???

That can't be much more of a burden than PQ is already...

Why not pick another long European Circuit where you could set up such a "qualifying" opportunity as another option????

My general thoughts are that the best teams should be racing in the biggest endurance race on the planet....

Politics, nationalistic preferences (if that is really an issue...I don't know if it is..)or any number of "alleged" subjective criteria should be removed from the equation.....

People will claim that politics or whatever are a part of the equation until an objective way is determined to set the field...a format like I have suggested is, if nothing else, objective...

The competitors are decided "On The Track"

One American Open Wheel Series!