View Single Post
Old 14 May 2019, 11:40 (Ref:3903680)   #18
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempi View Post
Did you adjust this for the changed points scheme? In 2004 2nd place points were only 60% of the first place points, in 2019 it is 72%.
Not into that much detail. Any attempts to apply current points systems onto previous results will always have flaws, and I accept that this exists in my post regarding the level of dominance.

My point was more that the current Mercedes dominance is not that exceptional, when you compare even just the last 20 years of F1. But it does appear to be more consistent, than the apparent erratic level of advantage that Ferrari had. 6 years of dominance is not unprecedented though, as was being claimed.