View Single Post
Old 1 Oct 2019, 09:50 (Ref:3931259)   #12
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
If one of the BMWs doesn't win the championship then it's a bit of a farce really isn't it? The BMW is clearly the best car, WSR have done a fantastic job and they've been knobbled to keep things tight (I know that's how it works in the BTCC but it still doesn't sit right when the car is the clear class of the field).

I could rant for hours on this.

I think if a change had to be made at all, it should be done before the season starts. Changing stuff midway through the season gives teams little time to react and test solutions to the new baseline.

None of the RWD cars have dominated any of the races since the changes before Snetterton. I really think it was just a knee jerk reaction to further hobble the RWD runners and now the other teams have seemingly caught up, those changes now seem even more ill-judged.

The further point is that we have no idea on what basis the performance balance is done in the first place. Do BMW have 380bhp and Honda have 375bhp? Aren’t all engines meant to be equal? If so why do teams get docked boost if they overperform? Too many questions…