View Single Post
Old 18 Apr 2007, 09:03 (Ref:1894522)   #1
Racesport
Rookie

Italy
Milano, Itlay
Racesport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ALD

I own the ALD (Automobile Louis Descartes) BMW C2 1989 Chassis #06, the sixth and last alluminium chassis built by ALD.

Summarizing, the chassis #06 (3.5 L6 BMW) built on 1989, raced:
1989: World Championship 480 km of Dijon: Gerard Tremblay/Didier Bonnet: did not qualify
World Championship 480 km of SPA: Francois Wettling / Thierry Lecerf: 22th place
24 Hours of Le Mans: Didier Bonnet/Jan Luc Colin (race number 179): did not qualify
1994: 24 Hours of Le Mans: Sylvain Boulay/Bernard Robin/Dominique Lacaud (race number 7): retired after 96 laps (engine).

Then, as historic car, on 2005: Monza Coppa Intereuropa: Group C/GT Racing race: Carlo Del Conte: Race 1: retired; Race 2: 8th place (first in C2 class)
Le Mans LM Story: WSM Race: Carlo Del Conte: Race 1: did not start; Race 2: 6th place.

I believe that my car is the only survived ALD still running. I know that in France there is one of the two carbon chassis, without engine, in a tyre shop, but I don't have any other infos about other ALD.

I have the photos of all other ALD Cars built ... I know that many of them were destroyed ... someone has infos about surviving chassis?

I would be interested in write down the history of this little enthusisat French driver and contructor (Louis Descartes) and his cars ...

Thank you for you help!