View Single Post
Old 13 Aug 2020, 06:29 (Ref:3995086)   #92
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
You'd have thought it'd be an easy enough thing to personalise - select your chosen sound from a menu (much like selecting a radio station or whatever). But however they make noise they do need to make some - a friend of mine is registered blind and they hate electric cars - they're too quiet, they need to be heard approaching!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Will Come With All The Sounds Of A Good Old V-8 Engine

'Don’t confuse this with the electronic noise this electric Ford will broadcast to those outside the world populated by pedestrians and bicyclists so they are aware of its presence. This is a dedicated sound system that interacts with throttle position and torque output to faithfully mimic what the car would sound like if it actually had a real V-8 engine burbling through twin exhaust pipes.'

It seems like Ford have considered both internal and external sounds. The car will be making a noise (not sure what it will sound like yet) that is audible to pedestrians / bicyclists. Although I'm not sure how popular it will be to have the sound of a V8 internally.....