View Single Post
Old 16 Sep 2008, 13:17 (Ref:2291797)   #1
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Monkey Head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FIA F3 Intercontinental Cup - Macau : 26th Edtion,2008

We may start preperation of Macau F3 now as Japan and Briton F3 has one event to go.In Japan Tom's will make their annual trip and defend their title for sure.For this year teams may prefer stay their one year experianced car in europe may makes big team big fewer car(last year we have only 6 teams held 70% of total entries)but we still can make it.

Vam Dam has crowned as champion and he will bringing #1 car for defence,#2 driver should be either Kumimoto or Iguchi,Depends on who will be in 2nd in Championship.Honda teams won't be in there as usual and there are one more slot for non-honda team,Yasuda or Italian Kei Cozzolino are candidates on it.

In British championship Carlin should bring 4 cars to Macau,two should be belongs to Red Bull duo and Hartley will use his experiance to take the race win.Master's line up makes me dobut about Turvey as his few budget,drivers from euroseries Division may be seen once again.

For Hitech Walter has came last year and he should be come again,will they operate 3 cars once again for locals?

In Fortec Hohenthal has claim he is raising budget for Macau ,I think he would like to join the party as he visited Macau GP last year as tourist.(may be they rent their car to Japanese ahha).

Double R only Atte has Macau experiance and other drivers is in bad conition(out of top10).I predict they are welcome to some one off appearance driver(Red Bull driver once again?).

T-Sport has never visited and I don't think they will make breakthrough this year.

In Euroseries ART Grandprix are engar to take their F3 big-slam,which they can't complete in Macau.Jakes is regular of Macau he should makes his third appearance,their ace Hulkenberg has crashed serval times from practice to race last year,and his frequence off season testing also makes his question on Macau trip IMO.Biachi or Lanchester should have off from there as ART usally brings 3 cars.

All driver from Manor motorsport has visted last year and two of them are podium finisher,Japanese duo Tsukokashi and Oshima should make return and Tsukokashi will be a black horse of winner contention as his strong fightback last year.

Happy to see Signature bring us first visit of VW engine comback to F3 and continues VW excellent history in Macau(Schumi won 1990 victory with them).Mortara made stunning qualify last year but ruined the weeknd himself with latebrake in lisboa,he may makes a revenge this year.Maileux visited last year ,he may be makes a comeback this year.the 3rd driver will be a surpise you will see.for Prema I just pretty sure Zande will comeback this year.

beside above 3 series we may be Ombra also interested in Far east trip,they have 2 F308 chassis and compete in BF3 Monza race,not sure on their line-up

Share opinions and insider information are welcomed