View Single Post
Old 8 Mar 2010, 14:58 (Ref:2647477)   #1
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Buenos Aires ideas

Much alike my topic of Dijon, I'd like to bring the idea forward of works on the Buenos Aires track in Argentina. We nearly had our first Argentinian in F1 in years, which could have lead to a return of the Argentine GP.

Buenos Aires used to be a quick circuit which was enjoyed by the majority of the drivers. However, it was redeveloped and slowed down significantly. I remember always hating this track on the F1 games (a good few years back now ), but over the past year or two, i've quite grown to like it for whatever reason. This lead me to check out the Google Maps image of the track. I realised there was still a big portion of the old track left, which raised questions in my mind as to why it was no longer used. It became evident that there was not enough run off on certain turns (and it was obviously quite big).

So I put the challenge to you - Making use of the old track, how about combining the new and old and coming up with something a little less bland, but still safe!

Here's what I come up with:

I've turned the track anti-clockwise to make the old part of the track less dangerous, basically.

I've also introduced a left turn along the backstraight just before the huge left, as there was little to no run off, thus a turn had to be created earlier to slow the cars down, yet the remained of the long hairpin remains.

Would love to see your ideas

Selby
Attached Thumbnails
beunos copy.jpg