View Single Post
Old 5 Jan 2001, 11:14 (Ref:56222)   #3
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think almost nothing of Autosports moments. They talk about moments and then go on about seasons...and then the actual moments they have are usually not very good (there are some good ones though).

I'll pick my top 5 things that I was there for (not in order but numbered so I know when to stop)

1. Australian F1 GP. The euphoria after the race when Ferrari came 1-2. There was just a sea of red on pit straight...amazing feelings throughout the entire track.

2. Bathurst 1000. Well it is an event everyone should experience. From the drunks on the hill to the anticipation of the start when 10am Sunday rolls around....the rain just made it a wet experience.

3. AROCA 6 Hour. This is a club level event and the team I was with finished 5th on handicap

4. Honda Indy 300. Pit lane access! Nothing like it, being so close to these cars when they pit...and the whole event in general.

5. Now this last one is part of the 300, but at the same time not. Basically when I interviewed a number of drivers (mainly V8 Supercar) at the event. John Bowe, Glenn Seton and Jason Bright were the best personally, but then there was also Craig Lowndes he was great, as great as the others...ah they were all good