Old 13 Jun 2018, 08:16 (Ref:3828818)   #9
BvtchxrSqvadNathan
Rookie

Scotland
Westmeath, Ireland
BvtchxrSqvadNathan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
Maybe they should have considered a round at Mondello like before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Ferries aren't cheap, they only visited Mondello because they had a subsidised ferry deal with Irish Ferries and the Irish tourist board.
Obviously, there would no doubt be budget issues and a trek however small across the pond would increase costs. Although I'd love the BTCC to return to Mondello, considering it's my local track here in Ireland. The rumours were that the Mondello owners couldn't afford to continue hosting the BTCC and that was one of the reasons why the series stopped going.
I don't know if that's true, but in recent times the only major motorsport series Mondello sees is drifting!! The Irish Drift Championship organisers have their offices at the circuit IIRC. Some of the events are actually well planned and executed with some of the world's top drivers making the trip over for it!

Back on topic, I think if there was a genuine shout for Mondello hosting a weekend they'd need to make some updates to the track from both a spectator and drivers point of view.

It's a shame as well because the international loop would provide some great racing!