View Single Post
Old 2 Oct 2018, 13:08 (Ref:3854044)   #57
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
Personally I think it's a great move. I hope they price it nice and high to keep out all those traditional fans and hopefully the dirt will be a bit less in quantity than that COTA circuit.

I thought that the World Championship was straddling a line a couple of years ago, with a mixture of traditional and new circuits. OK, so I know that Mettet wasn't an old circuit, but I thought it evolved into a decent, "proper" (for want of a better word) rallycross track, but to see that seemingly dropped for what is likely to be another flat, bland, F1 circuit based layout isn't good news.

On the assumption that the total number of rounds for each respective Championship remains unchanged for 2018, then it is possible that Abu Dhabi could replace Mettet as a World round and the Euros will go to Silverstone (as per the story posted on the previous page), leaving the rest of the calendar untouched. I have a feeling that more changes are coming though.