View Single Post
Old 16 Sep 2018, 15:46 (Ref:3850689)   #3887
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I think you're reading way too much in to it. I think Honda has no problem, he tested in a Honda recently. And nothing like autosport showing they can't read their own article, multiple links all saying Honda says NO when in fact the response is more like Indycar engines are under the control of HPD not Honda so ask them. HPD has for the last two seasons asked Indycar to push for a third builder as they can't getting enough engines out to meet demand for the season never mind Indy only programs who almost all want Honda engines. It's a non story that shows they want to sell ads and get everyone to click. If McLaren/Alonso signs with Andretti there will be a Honda in the back of it, HPD will find a way to be involved as part of motorsports history and the "Triple Crown" end of story.
Maybe so, and hope I am because I think alsonso in indycar is a great idea...BUT....if Honda were 100 percent into this they would be chomping at the bit to supply him and Mclaren an engine...purely from the PR side of things and not letting Chevy get hold of him