View Single Post
Old 8 Jun 2016, 02:25 (Ref:3648122)   #176
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgRS View Post
While I can't claim any super in-depth knowledge of the series workings per say, but I know the management change was not popular with competitors and when it was even being introduced people were ready to jump ship.
That happens with ANY management change, though. There's always people who hate change and threaten to jump ship(and sometimes a few do, usually no one does).

Quote:
Second, when I quit my job two years ago it was mainly because my direct manager, the owner, was terrible and making mine and everyone's life hell. Did i still like the job outside of this issue? Yes. Did i quit anyway? Yes. Since then he's made some changes to his management style and he lured me back in. It's the same job, doing the same business, with the same parts, pieces and problems but the whole thing is 100% better.
First off, that's you. Others react to such issues differently.

Secondly, you back my point with that. The manager made changes that fixed the issue, just as IMSA must do. In your case, it was the way said manager dealt with people. In IMSA's case, it's the fact that teams are clearly becoming less interested in Conti's style of cars(not just amongst teams, either, it's fanbase dropped a lot even before the management change).

Quote:
To say people don't want to race BMWs, Porsches, Mustangs and Camaros seems pretty unlikely considering how many are in competition each weekend in various series.
And I've never asserted that to be the case.