View Single Post
Old 5 Jul 2007, 16:49 (Ref:1964895)   #37
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
KA i'm certain the BMW GB cars had nothing to do with Grace but I think you and I (and probably ian!!) covered early in the thread that the Cheylesmore '84 car was the same one originally prep'd by Ted Grace & Malcolm Gartlan in Pershore (but supplied by BMW works) for Hans Stuck's handful of outings in the 1983 BTCC? That might help you to rule that particular car out of the equation?
If I remember correctly, the Cheylesmore car has a pretty continuous race history through the 1983-8 period-
  • 1983 BS/Cheylesmore for Stuck, Palmer, Hobbs etc
  • 1984 BS/Chyelsmore for Kennedy
  • 1985 occasional BTCC outings with Brian Chatfield, replacing his Capris from mid-season onwards
  • 1986- a DNS at the Donington ETCC for Barry Barnes under the Mann's Racing banner, then the TT with Barry Robinson in TW Robinson demolition colours
  • 1987- not raced AFAIK
  • 1988- Peter Buxtorf
I can't see an obvious window of opportunity for it to become part of the Sytner 635 story, (unless of course it passed through Frank's hands early-ish in 85 and he sold it on to Chatfield....), so, as you said,, hopefully that one can stay out of the equation....