View Single Post
Old 10 Jul 2007, 12:25 (Ref:1964932)   #41
ian beckett
Racer

ian beckett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For '85 the 635 was starting to lose a little of its competitive edge in France although more cars raced some were raced by less talented drivers and ran in a lower class within the Superproduction races known as the Criterium. Teams were 1)Pelras for Xavier Lapeyre;2)Bodard for Gerard Bleynie;3)Bodard for Phillipe Gurdjian;4)Mirabeau for Claude Ballot-Lena;5)JMS for Jean Marc Smadja;6)SJA for Jean-Pierre Castel;7)Roland Guillemet;8)Elkron sponsored car for Gilles Sagne/Noel Dupas;By '86 the cars were even lower down the field and usually did not warrant a mention in magazines of the day so they became even more difficult to follow.At the same time that the 635 was starting in Superproduction,Dominque Fornage was racing a Gp A car in ETCC as was Jean Louis Bos.The Fornage car was entered and (prepared?)by Hartge at some races and by Garage du Laon(a French BMW dealer) at others.Fornage became I think a founder member of the Bavaria Automobiles team for '84 and onwards until'87. It is relatively easy therefore to see how BMW France would need so many cars. BMW in France had always been active in racing using the 320/323/520/528/530 and the 635 continued the tradition.I am still at a loss as to where the Sytner/Bmw France link has come from!! I know the picture you are thinking of,wasn't it on a French or Belgian forum with a thread about Superproduction racing? Ian.