Thread: Mallory Masters
View Single Post
Old 30 Oct 2010, 14:35 (Ref:2782560)   #59
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
I don't really see this as an issue about how close one can get - more a question of whether the introduction of greater distances and, worse, fences can really be justified.

More run-off at Gerards is desirable - I've seen some pretty hefty impacts with the tyre wall at several points around there. Do you place your ability to get the photos you want above driver safety? Not much consolatiopn to a driver who's being cut out of his car that somebody got a few great pictures of the crash, I'd suggest!

Let's be realistic about this - spectator viewing facilities at Mallory have been considerably improved over the last couple of years & continue to be improved. Driver (&rider) safety has improved immensely, but there are still improvements that can, & will, be made.