View Single Post
Old 2 Sep 2013, 13:50 (Ref:3297794)   #8
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
if you already have BT broadband or Infinity it's FREE which is a lot better than gazillions a year for Sky. I don't see a problem, I'm an Infinity customer.
I don't know what the beef with BT is from so many people in the UK. We all need broadband in this day and age and if you go with BT you get their Sports channel thrown in for free. It gives you premiership matches, rugby and motogp...what's the issue?

At the minute I'm paying 50 quid for broadband and 100 quid for SKY each month. We recently decided to cancel our SKY subscription because, quite frankly, it's crap. It's too expensive for what you get for it and I don't like their F1 coverage and I havent been able to watch enough football matches so we decided to spend 7 quid on Netflix and 16 on Setanta which gives us ESPN, Setanta and BT Sports.

Obviously it's a bit different in the UK than in Ireland but the product is good from BT Sport and seeing as it's free with broadband why is everyone kicking up such a fuss? We'd all love to see MotoGP given prime slots and having loads of money thrown at their coverage on a terestrial broadcaster that would show all three races but it's not going to happen.

The other alternative is to pay 100 for Dorna's online package which gives all sessions and loads of decent content...but you'd need broadband for that too...