View Single Post
Old 9 Aug 2020, 21:48 (Ref:3994300)   #50
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Albon had another good race today - his overtakes around the outside on Silverstone's fast corners really are epic.

Regardless of junior formulae results, he's definitely got "something" and in my view, if RB can get him settled and more importantly, sorted for qual then I see him as being really effective. Not saying a Max beater (yet) but there's real pace there.

He's been showing that for some time but it often remains hidden due to incidents (which is why results after the fact don't always tell the whole story). He's prepared to have a crack, almost fearless really in some respects and his outside overtakes, whilst impressive DO leave him exposed to errors or misjudgements (or red mist) from other drivers - as we saw with he and Hamilton in Austria.

I suspect that he's tougher than he looks and I group him with the exciting bunch of genuinely talented "kids" now in F1 - Verstappen, Leclerc, Norris, Russell, Albon - I see him being competitive with any of them but not yet sure about consistency - but there's definitely something there.