View Single Post
Old 20 Feb 2013, 04:23 (Ref:3207632)   #22
RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, FAS, are you out their trolling for a reply from us or what? Not one of your better posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
I seen one clip of this series
To start with, try a sample greater than one! And have you ever been to a race meet? Real life speed is different to TV speed.
Quote:
watching the slowmoblies
Group A lap record at Phillip Island is 1:43. Yes, that is 10 seconds slower than V8SC, but it is 4 sec faster than Group C which preceded it. Most things have got faster and better with time, why should motor racing be any different? Usain Bolt is faster than Carl Lewis, perhaps you could also have kept up with Carl on the run to school?
Quote:
I mean I couldve drove my car on the grid and and kept up with the pack
OK then. What circuits have you done track days at, and what were your times, I'd be interested to know?
Quote:
these Legends were quite some age, so maybe they wouldnt of been as quick when they were younger
Yeah, quite some age. Seton as a teenager up the top of Bathurst in the wet, not sure if that was the DR30 or HR31. Skaifey was in his low-mid twenties steering the R32. Funnily enough, much like today - a mix of great young drivers showcasing their talents, some middle of the road guys, and some legends 'of age' more than capable of taking it to all of them. Bernd Schneider is 48 - how quick would he have been when he was younger??? It was you saying how good he was wasn't it?
Quote:
I think Bernd schnider , or whatever that german guys name is, was just in another league to everyone else
Yes it was.

Just accept that in its day Group A was an interesting series; the cars were fast; the drivers were good - and were battling hard. Perhaps a little less of the keyboard warrior please?