View Single Post
Old 3 Apr 2016, 20:52 (Ref:3630006)   #1
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
2017 IndyCar Series schedule

It's April, so it's time to talk about next year's IndyCar schedule.

Team owners have asked not to race outside North America. Canada deserves a second race. It could be Vancouver, Calgary or Montreal. Mexico has lost of international races at Autódromo Hermanos RodrÃ*guez, but apparently there's plenty of fans.

I think that Brazil would be a great place. However, the FIFA World Cup and Olympics have left huge deficits, plus the economy is in crisis and the political situation is critical. IndyCar could wait a couple of years to return.

Baltimore and Houston are gone, Boston is in. I don't see any new American cities wishing to bid.

The most likely American road courses are Austin and Watkins Glen. Austin has been bleeding money, so it's a mystery. Watkins Glen was renovated last year, so I guess that they would bid for another major race. IndyCar + Nascar Trucks could be an interesting card.

And there's the oval situation. We can never know if Kentucky, Richmond or New Hampshire are willing to have IndyCar back. Fontana was pretty much dumped by IndyCar. Milwaukee should return, but numbers seem not to add.

Now, thinking big: Bernie Ecclestone is talking about Las Vegas. It's a terrible time zone for Europeans. Could IndyCar do a Saturday night street race in late September / early October?

And what if IndyCar goes to Martinsville?