View Single Post
Old 23 Apr 2024, 21:02 (Ref:4206218)   #233
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do think it is very harsh to judge the Isotta so soon, I think they are doing fine considering how recently the team had to turn it around, the exchange of teams running it and the relatively poor driver lineup, presumably linked to money./

Compared to the Vanwall which was really rather a more secure team and car and base car, they were more reliable initially, ran well but slowly, but when they started to try and find pace it became a joke.

The Isotta I think is a decent effort, it just needs someone better to drive it, that surely has to be their aim.

I think the issue with coverage is that the French approach sport in a different way to us, I recall watching a lot of French tv on Motors and early Eurosport and they were always far more interested in interviews than track action.

It seems that the people running the tv direction are trying to make every moment of the race into some F1 type of reaction thing, they are waiting for reaction all the time, there are countless pit cameras in the lane just for this. They are trying to push the human element to give the sport more depth when it is live, this is not necessary, you can do that in a highlights or behind the scenes package they ALREADY bloody do!

That suggests it is s directive from the ACO or whoever runs the tv show. What I do not understand is that all you get all day is Haven and Goodwin (on the ACO payroll remember) pushing the youtube show which comes around later in the weeks. THAT is where reaction needs to be, that is why the F1 tv shows took off, as you see behind the scenes.

Showing endless shots of people who know they are being filmed looking at a screen is not good television, especially when there is plenty of on track action, it is scripted, and looking for something that is not and will never be there until something crazy happens on track.