View Single Post
Old 17 Aug 2020, 23:30 (Ref:3996090)   #6767
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
it also has Vasselon's comments about the eot at Le Mans. He confirms theres no success handicap (applause from me) applied to the cars for the 24 hours. Thankfully we can see the real progress made by the lmp1's
Great news! One final hurrah is what we deserved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Pretty sure the mandatory stint length rule was dropped. Hideous nonsense.
Pretty sure is still not entirely sure though, isn't it :/ I remember back in Spa 2018 when Dragonspeed was angry about the penalties being applied if they did too lengthy stints (in the fear of their waiver-bronze driver), and then some people in the sportscar media claimed they had seriously misinterpreted the rules and such would never really happen. Of course, it did happen. Then, after the stint caps were axed for Fuji, everyone also thought they would never come back... until it did.

The last time around Toyota was able to bring it back for oneoff appearance because they had the VETO right for such, I wonder if they still do...

Maybe this year, they announce the comeback of it 30 minutes before practice, in revised bulletin?

I guess if there is one single not-entirely-negative thing about bop racing, it's that no such absurd invention of separation is possible. There are other horrible inventions in great numbers but not that. The stint limit is basically the reverse counterpart of the reference lap time absurdity in Creventic racing

Last edited by Deleted; 17 Aug 2020 at 23:43.