View Single Post
Old 31 Oct 2017, 08:47 (Ref:3777720)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
Lewis has been a bit like Marquez this year hasn't he? Even when he doesn't have the best car, he gets the most out of it and the others all somehow falter in various ways (technical, mistakes or just plain inconsistency), especially when Hamilton isn't running well they all crash into one another. Resulting in Hamilton easily winning the title 2 races early.

The Merc still is the best car overall of course. But yeah Marquez, someone needs a better bike to beat him. The same is true for Hamilton (except maybe Max can do it next year).

Ogier's title has been similar. Ironic really, Hamilton, Marquez, Ogier all do it again but this time in not so dominant cars. The torch may be handed over next year.
Its a good comparison with Mr Marquez & Mr Ogier.
MotoGP is all aflutter that Dovi’s Ducati will win and Mr Marquez’s Honda will blow up. In a fairytale perhaps, which is what Mr Vettel would have required even if he had won in Mexico..

Mr Ogier in a private Ford beating out-of-form Hyundai, Citroen & Toyota works teams, almost against the odds brings talents and smarts to the top, not money.

Nobody really remembers the quality of the opposition in several years’ time... but the pilots know.. intimately..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House