View Single Post
Old 31 May 2012, 16:00 (Ref:3082677)   #4
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
I'm just providing some answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonM3 View Post
Okay, maybe I am a bit "off my hinges", but don't more powerful financial backings want to revive older models? For example, couldn't Pescarolo, in theory, use the Peugeot 908 Hybrid instead of the Dome? I know it is way too late for this year, but it is still a thought for next year.
No. They'd still need some factory support to run the cars, and the endurance arm of Peugeot Sport has basically been disbanded, therefore there's nobody left to run the cars. The 908 hybrid will gather dust under covers, never to be raced unfortunately. There was a rumour very early in the year that Signatech would be running a semi-works 908 effort, but when the Peugeot pull-out was announced, they also said that there would be no possibility of giving the cars to another team to run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonM3 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see Prospeed have two cars next year. Why would ANYONE prefer Blancpain over the WEC? It's, quite frankly, stupid. I can almost see a bunch of people flocking from BES to WEC, like Marc VDS. They've already had a Le Mans program.
GT3 cars are "relatively" cheaper than GTE cars (good GTE cars are in the 500 thousand Euro bracket, GT3 cars are "catching up" but are still in the 350-400 thousand Euro ballpark) and they can be raced in a whole load of championships, not just Blancpain; there are a number of strong national GT3 series which have teams that also run Blancpain races, you could run a GT3 car in the VLN and at the Nurburgring 24h... pure GTE cars only have the WEC and the ALMS as places to run, as well as possibly GT Open.

Also, have a look at the size of the entries in WEC and in Blancpain. 22 GTE cars for Le Mans, and only about 12-13 are full-season WEC entries, while Blancpain has over 50 entries for each race, and for Spa they've actually had to turn a lot of entries away (90-odd entries applying for around 60-65 places on the grid); about 50% more than they had last year.