Thread: Ralt RT 1
View Single Post
Old 30 Jan 2014, 09:29 (Ref:3362000)   #257
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leighton Irwin View Post
I crewed for Bruce Jensen from 1969 until 1976 and then again for a period in 1979 as crew chief. His wife and my girlfriend did not get along and I was also working on her race car so it did not last. Anyway when Bruce got the car we went testing at West Palm Beach (Moroso). He pranged the right front tub on a corner marker but kept going. Scratch one engine. The water pipe was crimped and the tub tweaked on the corner but not affecting the pick up. Back at the shop in Ont. I straightened the tub, more or less. We really had little equipment. I only worked on the car part time. Bruce brought me a sheet of aluminium and a cardboard pattern and asked me fabricate a 2nd front bulkhead. Using a friend's workshop I did so. It turned out the pattern was not quite right! Close but not right. It was still used and pop riveted over the original front bulkhead. Yipe!! So if you see this "fix" you will know it is chassis 95. Car was probably sold in Florida where Bruce now lives.
Is this it ?