View Single Post
Old 10 May 2000, 13:07 (Ref:8304)   #4
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I did enjoy the 1-hour "blind" that used to take place at the Coys Festival.

The reason it was stopped was apparently because the "historic" circuit which the 250Fs, Dino 246s and Vanwalls demand for mechanical sympathy is not FIA sanctioned, and as the Euro Touring Cars have had that status....

Well, the number of guys willing to come out for a non-champ race at the height of the season is not going to make for such a great grid.

Did they ever rebuild the Volvo 122S that I remember from about 5 years back? It was a French entry, but painted like a Swedish flag. Last time I saw it, it was sliding along the Silverstone pit straight on its roof - backwards, at a scarcely diminished rate.

One final thing. I understand that the vacant slot at Goodwood will be a "Marque Scratch Race". Invitations are being sent to suitable near-stock Triumph TR2s, Frogeye Sprites, Morgan Plus 4, Porsche 356 and, I am led to believe, even a Peerless GT and an Arnott Climax.