Thread: MG ZS BTCC
View Single Post
Old 18 Mar 2009, 21:55 (Ref:2418708)   #13
MG Rover Sport
Veteran

England
MG Rover Sport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No problems Craner Curves - happy to be the bearer of fresh news when I have some. Just like I am now, by reposting something that I have seen elsewhere on the www this evening. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news on this occasion...

Quote:
Team KWR will not be present at Rockingham tomorrow (Thursday, 19th March) for the official launch of the 2009 HiQ MSA British Touring Car Championship, because team owner and lead driver Jason Hughes is still battling with his knee following surgery.

The operation which Hughes had to his knee at the beginning of February was expected to be corrected by now, but following a routine medical check this week prior to him stepping back in the MG ZS which Team KWR will run this year, was given the advice to stay well clear of driving the car.

“It is such a shame that I cannot be at the Media day to show off and test the new parts on the car. I have been instructed by the medical team that I am not allowed to drive the car in case there are any repercussions on the surgery that I had on my knee.”

Although making slow progress, there are still two weeks until the season’s opening rounds at Brands Hatch.

“All this time that I spend out of the car will certainly fire me up for the first rounds at Brands Hatch in two weeks.

“The MG has always driven well at Brands Hatch, so the team and I just have to focus on giving the public something to talk about, by producing some extra special results!”

This news comes at the same time that the team were dealt another disappointing blow, when a part that had been promised for the beginning of this week, which would finalise the car’s rebuild – following its complete strip down through the closed season – will not be arriving until the beginning of next week.

“Once I was given the news that I wouldn’t be driving the car at Rockingham, the aim was to get the car rebuilt in time so we could display it at Rockingham tomorrow. Unfortunately, the car is still in pieces as we await this final part.”

The team are still upbeat though that this season could see a few wild card performances. “There are so many unknown quantities this year with new cars, new drivers and new teams, who knows what could happen! We certainly cannot wait to get out there.”

There will be Team KWR personnel present at Media Day, so that the KWR name is visible, and to answer any questions.

Also just a reminder if people can donate to our charity Make-A-Wish Foundation UK that'd be great! Click on www.justgiving.com/TeamKWRto make your donation. Any amount large or small would be fantastic! And remember whoever places the largest amount wins one of two very limited edition canvas prints signed Team KWR driver Jason Hughes.