View Single Post
Old 3 Oct 2019, 10:52 (Ref:3931663)   #14
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFSM View Post
Senna vs Prost was a huge grudge match between two drivers, fuelled by resentment held by Senna (rightly or wrongly) at the perceived favouritism from Balestre. This was nothing like that.
This was a grudge match between Plato and half the grid

Quote:
Plato is no worse than anyone else on the grid with some of the moves he pulls,
I'd very much disagree with that - don't get me wrong there are certainly other drivers that aren't averse to the occasional 'push to pass' but Plato is a very consistent offender - and you know it's coming (prime example being shovelling Turkington off at Paddock - a couple of laps of failed moves followed by a punt).

Quote:
which suggests that the situation that arose was much more about his personality off-track.

At this level, these guys should be able to leave their personality issues in the garage once they get on the grid. It should never affect the result of a race, let alone decide a title - and certainly not in such a visible way.

It said a lot more about them than it did about Plato (or Shedden).
If they can't do it in formula 1 'the pinnacle of motorsport' (see Senna vs Prost) then why would they be able to do that in the BTCC? To me the message that came across was that Shedden had more friends on the grid than Plato (or maybe more a case of Shedden had less enemies?)